ProfNet Experts Available on Elderly Same-Sex Couples, Student Loans, Affordable Care Act
Also in This Edition: Jobs for Writers and Media Industry Blog Posts
NEW YORK, July 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Below are experts from the ProfNet network that are available to discuss timely issues in your coverage area. If you are interested in interviewing any of the experts, please contact them via the contact information at the end of the listing. To receive these updates by email, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the industries you cover, and we'll add you to the appropriate edition.
If you are in need of additional experts, you can also submit a query to the hundreds of thousands of experts in our network. You can filter your request by institution type and geographic location to get the most targeted responses. The best part? It's free! Just fill out the query form to get started.
If you have any questions or need assistance with any aspect of ProfNet, please drop us a note at email@example.com.
- Impact of Ruling on Elderly Same-Sex Couples
- Student Loan Rates After National Increase Obama Administration to Delay Part of Affordable Care Act
- Reporter ? Law360 (NY)
- Community News Reporter ? Daily Star (LA)
- Natural Resources Reporter - Yakima Herald-Republic (WA)
OTHER NEWS & RESOURCES
- Q&A Team: Is Instagram Video Worth a Shot?
- Blog Notes: Wellness, Books & Fashion Blogs
- ProfNetiquette: Tips for Journalists
EXPERT ALERTS:Impact of Ruling on Elderly Same-Sex CouplesRonald Fatoullah, Esq.Elder Law & Estate Planning AttorneyRonald Fatoullah & Associates"The end of DOMA presents an exciting opportunity for same-sex married couples to avail themselves of federal assistance that was formerly denied to them. As with the advent of many good things, it will take time and tenacity to navigate the many nuances inherent in federal benefits."Fatoullah is available to speak about how the Supreme Court ruling will affect elderly same-sex couples. The recent ruling that a key provision of DOMA is unconstitutional clears the way for same-sex couples in states that legally recognize their marriages, to receive over 1,000 federal benefits and protections that were previously denied them. But eligibility for these benefits is far murkier for couples who were legally married in a state that recognizes same-sex marriage but reside in or moved to a state that does not.Website: http://www.fatoullahlaw.com Media Contact: Carol Schell, firstname.lastname@example.orgStudent Loan Rates After National IncreaseEd ReckerDirector of Financial AidThe University of Findlay"Any increase in interest rates for Federal Direct Student Loans is not to be taken lightly. The increase will have a delayed impact on students taking out new Federal Direct Subsidized Loans on or after July 1"Recker has more than 10 years of experience working in financial aid. He has held positions at community, state and private colleges and holds a master's degree in higher education administration. He is a member of the Ohio Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators and the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.He is available to discuss student loan rates, following the recent national increase. He can discuss the issue from a private college perspective. He is located in Findlay, Ohio. Website: http://www.findlay.edu Media Contact: Brianna Patterson, email@example.comObama Administration to Delay Part of Affordable Care Act Shawn Pynes Head, Employee Benefits Division Barney & Barney "Businesses across the country welcome the extra time to address the new rules, associated expenses and operational challenges. However, employers should use this reprieve to accelerate their efforts to develop a strategy. The ACA will have a material financial impact on most companies and create unforeseen operational challenges." Barney & Barney, LLC is one of the nation's largest, independent insurance brokerages. Founded over 100 years ago, Barney & Barney is a risk management and insurance brokerage providing solutions, services and products in commercial property and casualty insurance, employee benefits, workers' compensation, compensation consulting, executive liability, personal lines and surety. Barney & Barney is headquartered in San Diego, with offices in San Francisco and Orange County. Media Contact: Greg Berardi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Following are links to job listings for staff and freelance writers, editors and producers. You can view these and more job listings on our Job Board: http://bit.ly/pncjobboard
- Assistant Editor ? Museum of Modern Art (NY)
- Local Editor ? AOL Patch (CA)
- Beat Reporter ? The Commercial Appeal (TN)
See more listings here.
OTHER NEWS & RESOURCES:
Following are links to other news and resources we think you might find useful. If you have an item you think other reporters would be interested in and would like us to include in a future alert, please drop us a line at email@example.com
- THE Q&A TEAM: THE ROLE OF HUMOR IN JOURNALISM: The use of humor is journalism can be a difficult thing. In this week's installment of the Q&A team, Polina hears from four ProfNet experts who share their expertise on using it in your writing: http://bit.ly/11Jt4Jm
- FIVE TIPS FOR LANDING A SECOND ASSIGNMENT: You've worked hard to land an assignment at your dream publication. But how can you make sure the assignment doesn't turn into a one-hit wonder? Read on as Dawn Papandrea explains how to make sure your first article leads to a long-term working relationship: http://bit.ly/1atjJx7
- MEDIA 411: NEWSROOMS IN TV AND FILM: Whether it be to poke fun at the industry and the personalities involved, or a true to life drama, many movies and shows that revolve around media have become cult classics. Maybe it's wanting to feel like you're on the inside or maybe you just want to have a laugh at an industry that becomes part of the news too often these days: http://bit.ly/15nNOZw
PROFNET is an exclusive service of PR Newswire. To submit a request for experts: http://bit.ly/findexperts To search the ProfNet Connect experts database: http://www.profnetconnect.com To contact ProfNet by phone: +1-800-PROFNET, ext. 1 To share a thought on Expert Alerts: firstname.lastname@example.org